Senior leaders should guide and sustain the organization towards its BIM adoption.
- They should develop the BIM vision and goals for the organization.
- They should communicate, demonstrate and reinforce the vision and goals to employees and stakeholders
- They should provide necessary resources and monitor progress of the programme.
- The committee should be chaired by a senior leader in the organization.
- It should involve representatives from the various levels of the organization’s structure.
- Roles and responsibilities of each member should be defined clearly. Examples are given on the next page.
NAME & DESIGNATION ROLES
- Leader of the organization’s BIM Committee and adoption programme
- Manage progress of the adoption programme
- Provide resources for the implementation of the programme
- Principal Architect – Key User Champion
- Identify BIM opportunities in key business processes
- Nominate & conduct pilot project
- Evaluate results
- Incorporate BIM into key business processes
- Set up and maintain organization’s BIM Standard
Organization BIM/CAD Manager
- Identify suitable BIM technology / software
- Develop BIM training needs and programme
- Key resource persons in BIM
- Provide mentoring to project BIM teams
- Consolidate success stories to produce good practice guides
- Facilitate practice sharing workshop
- Experiment and evaluate new practices, processes & technology